I've lost five pounds and am very happy about that. I also feel amazing, and people keep telling me I look great. They look, they comment, I can tell they can't pinpoint what it is. Funny. If the weight loss keeps up at this rate, they'll know for sure soon! I feel like I'm just seeing the tip of the iceberg in terms of what raw can and will do for my body.
A quick rundown of my food today:
green smoothie (water, banana, spinach)
banana
grawnola w/ nut milk
nut balls
Lara bar
apple
whole, sliced avocado wrapped in a nori roll
Raw hummus (recipe at the end of this post)
A friend recently asked me what I have removed from my diet in order to go raw. Interesting question. For the past two weeks, I have not had any of these foods commonly found in my diet:
fish
eggs
brown rice
quinoa
buckwheat flour
soy sauce
rice milk
raw dairy
oatmeal
granola
vegetarian soups (miso, tomato, minestrone, coconut)
Coconut Bliss ice cream (pasteurized at 165 degrees)
RAW HUMMUS:



INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups dry garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or to taste
- 1 cup filtered or spring water
- 1 pinch paprika
DIRECTIONS
- Soak the beans for 24 hours. Drain, and let sit for 2 to 3 days, until the bean's sprouts are about 1/2 inch long. Rinse the beans once or twice a day.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove from heat, and let stand for 1 minute. Place the sprouted beans in the hot water, and let sit for 1 minute. Drain. If you do not do this step, the hummus will be awful.
- Place the sprouted beans into the container of a large food processor. Add the tahini, sea salt, lemon juice, and garlic. Process until smooth, adding water if necessary. It will take 3 to 5 minutes to blend. Let sit in the food processor for 5 minutes to allow the beans to absorb as much of the water as possible. If too thick, add more water, and blend again. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Spoon into a serving dish, and garnish with paprika.
No comments:
Post a Comment