I spent four months of working with an amazing nutritionist, Stacey at Five Point Wellness. Since then, I find myself revising recipes to include the great foods and superfoods that I have learned about. Foods such as coconut oil, goji berries, wheat grass, maca powder, acai, hemp and cacao nibs.
My diet currently consists of veggies (both land and ocean), fruit, eggs, fish, nuts and seeds, and grains including brown rice, quinoa, millet and buckwheat. What I don't eat is meat and poultry, white rice, white bread, dairy, soy, caffeine and gluten. Nutrition information seems to change on a daily basis, so please don't hold me to this :)
My day starts with a glass of warm lemon water. Next I blend two frozen wheat grass cubes with 8 oz of water and a splash of tangerine juice. It's so yummy and refreshing, and such a healthy way to start the day! I also take 4 vita lipotropic. Next up, it's a smoothie of schizandra & goji tea, cacao nibs, acai, maca powder, coconut oil, flax oil, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Sometimes I mix it up a bit with coconut water or coconut milk, berries, half a banana, or maybe some hemp protein powder. I incorporate exercise, dry brushing and probiotics into my day as well.
I intend to use this blog to post recipes that I like and to revise yummy recipes that have unhealthy ingredients. I'm hoping my readers will help me out with tips and suggestions. So please try these recipes and let me know what you think.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment