Sunday, February 1, 2009

RAW Three Weeks

My weight had climbed back up a bit, so I reduced the amount of raw cashews I was eating and that did the trick. I've now lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks. Perfect! I've added hemp nuts for protein, an alkalyzing nut, rather than the cashews which are acid. I've used this chart to help.

Thank god for this Vita Mix blender. Because of the dental work, I'm on a liquid diet but am by no means starving. I tired eating a banana yesterday and it hurt, so I'll stay liquid for another day or two and then try again.

I've made the avocado carrot soup from the Cafe Gratitude cookbook, "I am Grateful" as well as the pecan porridge. Both were last nights dinner; the leftover porridge will be this morning's breakfast with a bit more fruit added to it.

In the mood for a salad? Toss some greens, 1/2 an avocado and a couple bells in the vita mix and drink it down. Ice cream? Freeze some berries and mix em up with some water and raw almond butter.

I met L and her daughter, I, for the first time yesterday. We're going in on a dehydrator together! I'm very excited. We're going to be able to make things like pizza, nachos, pancakes and crackers. We went for the 4 tray economy Excalibur with the high end non stick trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment