Sunday, February 8, 2009

RAW One Month Tomorrow!


I haven't posted all week - it's been one of the most difficult of my life. 3 days after the surgery, my grandmother died. There I was, with my 98 year old grandfather and my uncle, waiting for the rest of the family to fly in, still unable to eat solid food. Then F got sick, and I was like a single mom too. I'm emotionally and physically fried. I'm thankful, though, that my health is good and the foods I am eating are improving my health and not the other way around.

I made an amazing smoothie this morning. It's like a green smoothie but with a serious, nutritional kick. It's raw but does contain raw honey, which is optional if you want it truly vegan.

The Best Green Smoothie Ever

Serves 2

3 cups water
2 tsp raw cacao powder
2 Tbs goji berries
1 tsp maca powder
2 Tbs hemp seed
2 tsp raw honey
2 tsp yacon syrup
2 tsp Vitamineral Green or other green powder supplement
2 Tbs raw coconut, from the fruit or shredded and dried
a few handfuls of spinach or romaine
1 banana

Mix in blender and enjoy!

I spoke with a friend at the party last night who has healed her "melancholy" with juices and had a juice bar party for a few friends. It sparked the idea for a raw food party and screening of 30 Days Raw for any friends with or pre-Diabetic. Could be fun!

Now, since my kids are at my MILs, my smoothie and I are headed back to bed with the NY Times. It's 8 am, after all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Abs!

    I just got caught up on your blog and learned all about your RAW program. Awesome. I bet it feels really good to care for yourself like this, especially after losing your grandmother. Best wishes for a successful healthy cleansing period. My condolences to your family. Keep up the good work!!

    love sydney

    ReplyDelete