Monday, March 2, 2009

RAW Uncooking fun!

I am having SO MUCH FUN!

Uncooking is really enjoyable. I currently have raw ice cream with chocolate sauce thawing next to me that I made last night. This evening, after a great bowl of kelp noodles with tomatoes and basil and a cucumber avocado bell pepper alfalfa sprout salad, I whipped up a batch of cinnamon rolls, currently in the fridge. Normally I would be terrified to eat this because it's all nuts, but I know how to combine it now (with other nuts or dried fruits and lots of veggies) so I am not worried.

Cafe Gratitude is opening at my Whole Foods in a few weeks! Have I mentioned this yet? I am SO excited! All that luscious, raw food right here in Oakland.

My dermatologist put me in aldactone today, I start it tomorrow. She says it will help with my oily skin, occasional cystic acne and inconsistent periods. It's typically used for high blood pressure, never an issue of mine. It's a weak diuretic. The instructions say to minimize high potasium foods like bananas. Acck! I'll have to find new fruits to eat in the morning. Which, I guess, is not really a bad thing. For the past few years I have had trouble with my adrenal gland regulating my hormones, so hopefully this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment