Monday, January 12, 2009

Going Raw, Day One

I've decided to go raw for two weeks, evaluate how I feel, and decide on whether or not to continue. I'm using 12 Steps to Raw Foods by Victoria Boutenko as my guide. My family is not joining me, but as the sole pescatarian in the family, I'm used to eating differently. In fact, we all eat differently from one another and I've always embraced that. Dinner time can be a bit hectic but I like honoring our different needs and cravings. F is a big meat eater, and he loves pizza. He's got health issues and I would love to inspire him with eating raw, but he is who he is. H is 6 and loves miso soup and shrimp tempura. A is 3 and loves rice, beans, chicken, avocados. Both my kids love carrots, broccoli cauliflower and edamame.

I started my day with a bowl of buckwheat groats. I soaked them in water overnight and this morning, I drained and rinsed them and blended them with water in the vita-mix. I reblended them with a few dates, a tsp of raw coconut oil and a dash of Himalayan sea salt. I then ran around and took the girls to school, went to the gym, the grocery store, and got some work done at my desk and wasn't even the slightest bit hungry. For lunch I had a cup of green smoothie, which included chard, mint, pears and water along with a banana and a few flax crackers. I'm feeling fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment