This is getting easier.
Not that it was ever hard. This morning I had my usual green smoothie. I'm finding that a simple combo of 2 bananas, 3 handfuls of spinach and 2 cups of water are perfect for F and I to share. After the gym, I have a bowl of grawnola. Basically, I toss 1/4 cup of 3 different nuts, say walnuts, almonds and cashews, into the mini Cuisinart along with a handful of raw cacao nibs, sunflower seeds, and soaked goji berries. Chop it up and into a bowl along with raw agave, cinnamon and shredded coconut. Pour in some almond milk (1 tbs raw, unsalted almond butter with 2 cups of water in the vita-mix) and enjoy. I'm full for hours. Here's the recipe.
I had meetings all afternoon. There was a buffet lunch at the first meeting. I chose the fruit salad, carrots and the vegetarian sandwich. I pulled apart the sandwich, scraped the avocado off the bread, and tossed the bread and the cheese. Voila - a salad, with lettuce, tomatoes, sprouts, cucumbers and avocado. A bottle of water and I was happy.
A few hours later I had a cocao mole Lara bar and a glass of water. By dinner time, I was starving. Too starving, in fact. I scarfed up the rest of last nights pie. Fortunately, it was raw and amazing from Cafe Gratitude. If it wasn't there, I probably would have eaten a handful or two of raw cashews and dates. After that, I wrapped dandelion greens, grape tomatoes and 1/2 an avocado in a sheet of nori. That was 5 hours ago, it's now bedtime and I am not hungry.
This morning I had lost 4 lbs since day one. I'm very happy about this. I feel clear and clean. Other diets I've done in the past have made me feel like, well, this is good for now. Not so with this one...I can't see myself eating any other way. I feel like I've found the fountain of youth! I don't want to jump the gun, though. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Still, two pounds a week...that would put me at my old Weight Watcher goal in 7 weeks, which is early March. That would be nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment