Wow, tomorrow morning will be one week!
I went to my uncle's housewarming this evening and was greeted by my favorite caterer. I looked around at all the delicious food and was very glad I had eaten that pear before I left the house. I had a glass of water (the pitcher had lemons, limes and parsley in it, very pretty!) and a plate of salad. No one even noticed. When you are eating differently, you always expect someone to say something. The truth is that most people are so absorbed in themselves that they don't notice what anyone else is doing until you mention it. This goes for more than just food, and is a bit of wisdom I wish I had realized as a teenager!
I had a green smoothie for breakfast. Truth is, it sat for a while before I had the desire to eat it. It was nice to not be starving when I woke up! I worked out at the gym, ate a banana, some flax crackers, and a giant salad of romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, 1/2 avocado, tomato and olive oil with a handful of raw cashews. It was interesting to wander the market listening to my body tell me what I want to eat.
Later I had a banana and then the aforementioned pear. Then we went to the party.
When we got home, I had celery and carrots with almond butter and a few strawberries. It's now 9 pm and I feel sated.
I spoke with my parents today about what I am doing and really wish I hadn't. They were very critical, telling me I am damaging my body, my metabolism, and why don't I just do what dad is doing, how he's lost 25 pounds recently. But that's always his way, to get everyone to do what he's doing. When will I ever learn to not talk to them about weight and food? I'm going to keep on with this for a month, weighing myself once a week, and see what happens. At the very least, I've learned how to eat more fruits and vegetables, and I love the green smoothies.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment