Raw Date & Nut Balls
2 cups Medjool dates, pitted and soaked 30 minutes
1 cup almonds OR pecans OR walnuts, soaked overnight and drained
1 1/2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
1 1/2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla OR 1/2 vanilla bean, ground
Place nuts in a bowl and add 2 cups distilled water. Cover and allow nuts to soak overnight. Next morning, drain and set aside. Pit dates and place in a bowl; cover with distilled water and soak 30 minutes. With "S" blade in food processor, add soaked nuts and pulse until nuts are finely chopped; add 1 cup of coconut, cinnamon, and vanilla, and pulse until well mixed. Add soaked dates, a few at a time, processing until well mixed. Transfer to a large bowl and knead. Roll into desired size balls, and roll balls in extra coconut, or chopped nuts if desired. These date/nut balls will keep about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
ENJOY!
My dry garbanzo beans are still "sprouting," but nothing much is happening. Wondering if that's because it's been raining and they aren't getting any sun, or because they aren't really raw? I'll wait one more day.
We watched Raw for 30 Days last night. What an amazing story! Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days is an independent documentary film that chronicles six Americans with 'incurable' diabetes switching their diet and getting off insulin.
The film follows each participant's remarkable journey and captures the medical, physical, and emotional transformations brought on by this diet and lifestyle change. We witness moments of struggle, support, and hope as what is revealed, with startling clarity, is that diet can reverse diabetes* and change lives.
Had an interesting dinner with my parents. They definitely think I've gone off the deep end, but they also fully know that food can heal. Dad has become a pescatarian on the advise of his doctor, and it cured his chronic lung infection. After 9 months off meat and poultry, he at chicken for 10 days and got sick. Stopped and hasn't been sick since.
Meanwhile, no matter how well I am eating if I don't get some sleep I may get sick. Good night!
My dry garbanzo beans are still "sprouting," but nothing much is happening. Wondering if that's because it's been raining and they aren't getting any sun, or because they aren't really raw? I'll wait one more day.
We watched Raw for 30 Days last night. What an amazing story! Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days is an independent documentary film that chronicles six Americans with 'incurable' diabetes switching their diet and getting off insulin.
The film follows each participant's remarkable journey and captures the medical, physical, and emotional transformations brought on by this diet and lifestyle change. We witness moments of struggle, support, and hope as what is revealed, with startling clarity, is that diet can reverse diabetes* and change lives.
Had an interesting dinner with my parents. They definitely think I've gone off the deep end, but they also fully know that food can heal. Dad has become a pescatarian on the advise of his doctor, and it cured his chronic lung infection. After 9 months off meat and poultry, he at chicken for 10 days and got sick. Stopped and hasn't been sick since.
Meanwhile, no matter how well I am eating if I don't get some sleep I may get sick. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment